Featured Post

Click Here to See All Our Shop Links!

Monday, April 6, 2020

Teach Your Kids to Garden

Disclaimer: I have nothing supporting anything in this post. It just my thoughts. 

(My oldest window experiment for plants)

As everyone knows most of us are stuck at home. For homeschool school it sucks! My family is used to traveling A lot. In a month we will go all over Ohio, West Virginia, Virginia, and spend a lot of time in the Washington D.C. area. Unfortunately, we can not do that right now.

So we have decided to hunker down at my parent's house. Their property is much bigger plus they have a guest house the kids and I can stay in. Not only that but there is a yard I can kick the into when they drive me nuts from having too much energy. (Plus my parents are elderly so they like having us around to go into town for them so it is a win-win).

However, even with all the space, we have here we are starting to get sick of each other. The kids are bored, I'm tired of living by my parent's rules, and my parents are tired of not being able to take naps because of all the noise. So to hopefully help with some of this I have decided that the kids and I will learn to garden.

My parents are all for this since it means fresh veggies for them, fewer trips to the (yes we know we won't have them soon but my dad hates going to the store), and hopefully worn out kids. So with this, we set out.

(me pretending to be Shredder from TMNT as the store) 

So after making a poor decision to go to the store (it was a nice day so everyone else in town decided to go to), I got some rainbow carrots, broccoli,  a bunch of other random seeds, and some seed starter. In short, all seed that turn into gross things and a bag of dirt according to my 6-year-old. 

So now here I am with a lot of pickle jars to start seeds in, gross seeds, a bag of dirt, and no idea what I am doing. With that being said, I will figure this out with the help of a six-year-old, my dad, and the internet. So now that we have our stuff the next part is clearing the land! (Aka moving the woodpile).

Hopefully, in this advantage, we will learn a useful skill, get the kids to eat better, and help our time pass faster. More to come to next week. So please find us on Instagram @retrogirlworksheets. Facebook at Retro Girl Worksheets and Twitter @rworksheets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment