Featured Post

Click Here to See All Our Shop Links!

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Summer Reading

Before I get too far into anything I want to say sorry for being quiet and not posting. The fun camping trip we took Memorial Day weekend turned out to not be so fun. While there I happen to get into some deer ticks.
Well, the one that I happen to get into was carrying Lyme Disease. Which would be the 2nd time I have had it. Let me just say that having it a 2nd time was much worse than the first time. We also will not be camping at the location again because that same location is where I happen to get it the first time.

Now with that being said let's talk about summer reading!

So many homeschoolers seem to love the library and the summer reading programs many of them offer. Sadly many libraries will now be able to have them due to all the restrictions. So for my family, I have decided to create my own. Which was actually really easy.

So you can do this in power point if you like, but just make a guide with how ever mine spaces you wish for your child to complete said task. (We have 3 different ones, on for extra chorus, one for reading, and one for summer time worksheets/activity books). If you want to get real crafty with it you can even use different fonts, clipart, and colors too. 

We also found these cool stickers that you can color which we got form a local store. (I'm sure with a quick search on Amazon you could find then there as well). I also made my own clipart for the top of the page so after the sheet is filled it is now one big coloring sheet! 

So after the sheet is filled with stickers Lilly gets a reward for filling it up like she would at the library. Normally it is something like a trip to the ice cream shop, or Starbucks for a cake pop. Normally, it to go get something she likes to do but dosnt happen to often. 

That about it for now, but if you're not able to create your own sheet please follow my teacher pay teachers shop by clicking here. This way you will get updates to clip art, worksheets, and at some point unit study for your homeschool!

No comments:

Post a Comment